Citizen Pathway agenda for peace.The Citizen Pathway Group is made up of professional Kenyans from all walks of life.
Since the violence started, the CPG have had numerous meetings in a bid to find a middle-ground so that peace and civilized behavior can return to the country. The CPG has also visited many parts of the country affected by violence and provided significant humanitarian assistance to victims who are now being referred to as IDPs (Internally Displaced Persons).
The CPG is now pleased to welcome all Kenyans of goodwill to their next meeting in order to allow any one with any positive idea to put forward.
The meeting aims to focus on how to arm Kenyans with knowledge in developing a strategy to co-exist with one another in this country.
Shelter Afrique Center(Longonot road- upper hill, Nairobi)
Saturday, February 2, 2008
9:00 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- What is CPG/Mission/Progress so far
- Personal Impact: recognizing trauma/depression in yourself
- What we expect of you (by end, you will all be equipped with positive messages to drown out the negativity)
- Understanding our narratives/deconstructing myths
- Success story- speaking to the hardliners
- Four break-out groups
- Disseminating content - how does CPG get its message out? By Reporting to larger group on messages and outreach strategy.
- Finding ways to have an impact as Kenyans,- devoid of tribal leanings that are resulting into acrimonious crisis.